1. I’ve studied Taekwondo on and off since I was fourteen.
2. I read comic books.
3. I knit. But I’m not very good at it.
4. I like to watch cheerleading competitions.
5. I eat green tea muffins from Dunkin Donuts at least three times a week. If I’m feeling adventurous, I get their mocha muffins.
6. On some nights, dinner consists of a package of strawberries and almonds.
7. I’m a lacto-ovo vegetarian. And I gained weight after I stopped eating meat.
8. I’ve studied English, Korean, German, French, Italian, Tagalog and Japanese–but I’m only fluent in the first.
9. I would kill to work for Vertigo Comics.
10. I would give away my firstborn to write for The Journal of Asian Martial Arts.
11. If I wrote my autobiography, it would be illustrated by Craig Thompson as a graphic novel.
12. My favorite book is Edith Wharton’s House of Mirth. My second favorite book is Anne Frank’s The Diary of a Young Girl.
13. My favorite movie is Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, just because the prince gave Belle his library.
14. My theme song is “Fight Test” by The Flaming Lips.
15. My favorite love song is “Moon River.”
16. My favorite karaoke song is “Dancing Queen.”
17. My favorite workout song is “Duel of the Fates” from Star Wars.
18. I picked peaches for money when I was 16 years old.
19. I was in my high school’s marching band, and the pants actually flattered my ass. Unfortunately, my head was too huge for most of the hats.
20. Ideally I would live in Coldingham, Scotland.
21. I’m an ESL teacher, but I don’t want children of my own.
22. I can’t see myself married.
23. I’m a health nut, but if I had to choose one thing to eat for the rest of my life, it would be mud pie.
24. I take my coffee black.
25. My favorite comic book storyline is X-Men’s “Age of Apocalypse” which ran in the 90’s.
26. My favorite comic book superhero is Shadowcat. And I loved her before X3.
27. I usually dress in bright colors during the winter and darker hues in the summer.
28. My favorite shoes are a pair of metallic gold ballet flats I bought at Ross for less than ten bucks. Most of the stuff I buy now revolves around them.
29. I’ve searched for the perfect MP3 player for the past two years, and I’m still using my sister’s old RCA, which holds 20 songs. I have my heart set on an iPod, the one that holds photos and downloads television shows, but I’m too cheap to actually buy one.
30. The Frenchman isn’t French. I was in a writing frenzy–like, that post had to be published at that moment–and it was the first name that came to mind. He really was raised in Europe, but he knows about the blog and it wouldn’t be fair to reveal his past mistakes to our friends.
(I didn’t realize how cliché “The Frenchman” sounded until 24 hours had passed. That moniker is the only thing I regret about that post. I should have made him German.)
31. My past indulgences were coffee, bread and cheese. I currently dig deep in my pockets for fruit, books and travel.
32. Sadly, I drink Maxwell now. Someone (Jo, Marbs!) please send me a care package of decent coffee.
33. And while you’re at it, send me the latest trades of my two favorite comics, Y: The Last Man and Fables.
34. In my last year of college, my coworkers voted me Best Female Body. This is of no importance (uh, yeah, that certificate is so totally not waiting for me to frame it once I get a place of my own) . . . except that I cornered Mr. Best Male Body and demanded we make babies.
After a few rounds of beer and pizza (and bullying on my part), we finally agreed that we would procreate once I turned 30.
35. Speaking of arranged affairs, my backup husband is Mormon. I picked his name out of a hat, because I’m romantic like that.
36. I don’t like alcohol very much, but when I do my drink of choice in Guinness.
37. I am notorious for my appetite. In my senior year of high school I got so nervous during a presentation on Jane Austen that I ate all of the cucumber sandwiches I was supposed to distribute to the class. Months later my group was worried about our next project, so they sent me in with two packages of Oreos to distract the class. I ate those too.
38. For that project I rewrote a scene in Jane Eyre, with myself in the title role and Jackie Chan as Rochester. Jackie ended up losing his hand in a stunt accident, I nursed him back to health and you can guess how the story ends. I was exceedingly proud of my interpretation and handed out copies to my English class on very fancy resume paper.
Yeah, that class went through a lot of shit that year.
39. I wrote my first short story when I was seven years old. It was about my toy unicorn. Her name was Brandon and she was turquoise with rainbow hair.
40. In the near future, I’d like to visit Spain, Germany, Italy, India, Nepal and Antarctica.
41. I’m a student of Buddhism who still believes in Jesus. (Shhhh! He doesn’t know yet.)
42. One of my goals is to get certified to teach yoga. I’m super-flexible, except in the hips. Ever since I was a child, I’ve had difficulties sitting Indian-style, although I can sit on the floor with my knees touching. (Try it, it’s brag-worthy.)
I can sit in half-lotus, but I usually have to warm my hips and knees up first. One of my yoga teachers says that I should be able to do full-lotus in six to eight months. When I can do that, then I will start training to become an instructor.
43. I get a lot of comments about my hair. As much as I fight with it, I have lots of baby hairs that stick straight up. Someday, I will conquer it. Or I’ll just shave it all off.
44. Favorite television shows: Prison Break, Lost, The L Word, Heroes, Justice League.
45. I take my photos with a Konica Minolta DiMAGE X1. Check out my Flickr page, and you’ll see that it takes fantastic macro shots, but the flash is too bright and it doesn’t perform well at night. Also, the movie-feature is grainy. So, I wouldn’t recommend it, unless I hated your guts.